This recipe popped up in my recipe blog feed. As written, it is not vegan. I typically look at recipes to see if they can easily be adjusted to suit our vegan choice without compromising the end result and this one did. I've made just a few adjustments with my recipe as I did not have Cardamom pods, only ground. I also subbed Curry powder for Garam Masala as I was out of that too! The kids enjoyed it so it's going into the WIN pile! Hope you enjoy.
4 TBS Vegan Butter
1 small onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 inch piece ginger, grated
1 tsp. ground Cardamom
1 TBS ground Coriander
1 tsp Turmeric
1 tsp Cumin
1/2 tsp Crushed Red Chili flakes
1/8 tsp Cinnamon
2 potatoes, cubed
1 cup water, maybe more if needed
2 cups green beans
1 - 2 red bell peppers, medium dice
2 cups Dairy Free/Vegan Ricotta
1/2 cup Dairy Free/Vegan SILK Heavy Cream
1/2 cup Dairy Free/Vegan full-fat yogurt
1 1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp curry powder
1/2 cup water (if needed)
Cilantro - as garnish
1) Prepare Rice according to package directions, if using.
2) In a heavy bottom sauce pot, melt butter, adding in onions, garlic, and ginger, cooking until veggies are translucent.
3) Add in spices: Cardamom, Coriander, Turmeric, Cumin, Chilies, and Cinnamon and sauté a few minutes until fragrant.
4) Add in potatoes and water, cover, and simmer for about 10 minutes. You may find you need to add more water if not enough to cover potatoes. Add in green beans and bell peppers, continuing to simmer until all vegetables are tender. Add in Ricotta, and stir to combine.
5) Reduce the heat and add in the heavy cream, yogurt, sea salt, curry powder, and water, stirring to incorporate. You may need to add more water to create a sauce-like consistency.
6) Serve over rice, and garnish with Cilantro