Updated: Apr 9, 2021
We LOVE Brussels Sprouts! I especially like cooking them until some of the outer leaves caramelize. This is a really easy dish to pull off - so much so that my kids can throw it together for me if I have to work late. I can prep the veggies and sauce beforehand, and all they need to do is roast them, heat up the sauce, and cook some rice. Depending on the rice you select, as some types require longer cooking times, this can be prepared within 30 to 60 minutes.
2 lbs. Brussels Sprouts, bottoms cut off, halved, and loose leaves removed
1 Bell Pepper, any color, large dice
1 medium onion, large dice
2 TBS. Avocado or Olive Oil
Sea Salt & Black Pepper to taste
1 TBS. Sesame Oil
2 cloves minced garlic
1 TBS Arrowroot Powder ( or Cornstarch)
1/2 cup Tamari, or Soy Sauce
1/2 cup Water
2 TSP Rice Wine Vinegar
1 TBS Oyster Sauce
1 TBS Honey
2 TSP Garlic Chili Sauce
1/4 - 1/2 TSP Crushed Red Chili flakes
Sliced Green Onions
Chopped Roasted Peanuts
1) Preheat Oven to 425°. Line sheet pan with parchment paper, for easy clean-up.
2) Toss chopped Brussels Sprouts, Peppers, and onions in a large bowl with oil of your choice, sea salt, and black pepper, to taste.
3) If you are serving with rice, go ahead and get that going!
4) Roast veggies until tender, roughly 20 minutes or so.
5) While veggies are roasting, combine all sauce ingredients in small sauce pan, and heat until boiling, stirring to avoid sticking, reduce heat to simmer, and continue cooking for 3 -4 minutes while flavors merge.
6) Prepare your garnish but slicing some green onions and chopping your peanuts.
7) Serve: You can mix the sauce with the roasted vegetables OR you can just drizzle on top like we do. We serve this with rice.
Contact Us Today
To schedule an appointment with Licensed Massage Therapist and Certified Advanced Manual Lymphatic Drainage Therapist, Anna Bass LMT, please call 412-328-4540 or Book a Massage Here.
Providing massage services to patients in Tampa, Brandon, Riverview, FL and surrounding areas.