Updated: Apr 9
Biscotti typically means to 'cook twice'. Often, it also implies it contains nuts. In this recipe, I opted to sub my actual 'nuts' for Almond Extract instead. I also wanted to bump up the nutritional value so I added in Chia Seeds. On occasion I often will make a Chia egg, instead of using a real egg, but for this recipe I utilized JUST EGGS as my egg substitute.
2 3/4 cup GF All Purpose Flour Blend - I prefer Bob's Red Mill
1 TSP. Baking Powder
3/4 TSP. Sea Salt
1 TBS. Instant Espresso Powder
1 TSP. Vanilla or Almond Extract
12 TBS of JUST EGGS
2 TBS Chia Seeds
1 Cup Coconut Sugar
1 Cup Chocolate Chips - I prefer either Lily's brand or Enjoy Life
Preheat oven to 325°
Line sheet pan with parchment paper
1) Combine flour, baking powder and salt in small bowl and set aside.
2) In medium bowl, using an electric mixer, combine espresso powder, JUST EGGS, chia seeds, coconut sugar, and extract of choice and blend until thickened.
3) Gradually add in flour mixture, blending after each addition until all flour has been incorporated.
4) Add in chocolate chips, stir to combine
5) Depending on size of your sheet pan/cookie sheet, you will need to form either one or two 'mounds' of dough on your parchment paper, roughly 4 inches wide and 3/4 inches thick. I find it's easier to use wet hands to shape the dough.
6) Bake at 325° for about 25 minutes.
7) Remove from the oven, allowing to rest about 10 minutes.
8) Spritz your dough with water, and using a serrated knife, cut the dough into 3/4 inch strips. Place each strip upright on your parchment covered pan, and back for an additional 25 minutes.
Contact Us Today
To schedule an appointment with Licensed Massage Therapist, Certified Advanced Manual Lymphatic Drainage Therapist and Health Coach Anna Bass LMT, please call 412-328-4540 or Book a Massage Here.
Providing massage services to patients in Tampa, Brandon, Riverview, FL and surrounding areas.