Have you had plastic surgery? If so, you will know that recovery from the procedure takes quite some time. Swelling, inflammation, and pain are common problems you will experience. The circulation, especially of the lymph, would be blocked, causing many problems. If you can stimulate the lymphatic system and make it work normally, then you will find that recovery from plastic surgery would be quicker.
One of the best ways to do this is by getting a plastic surgery recovery massage. When such a massage is done by a licensed massage therapist, you can be assured of getting the best results. The article tells you all you want about this type of massage and its benefits.
The plastic surgery recovery massage is done primarily to ensure the improvement of the flow of lymphatic fluid in the body. It is a gentle massage that improves the flow of blood and lymph in the body. Fibrosis is a problem that can occur after plastic surgery where the lymph becomes hard. Manual lymphatic drainage massage or MLD helps to move blocked lymph.
It is not a deep massage but light. It is done a few days after the surgery. It involves the use of gentle and long strokes in a wave-like nature. This helps to open and shut the lymphatics, thus promoting the flow of lymph.
How does it help?
When plastic surgery recovery massage is done, it leads to many benefits. These include:
• It stimulates the effective working of the lymphatic system. This helps the blocked lymph to move, and it takes toxins along with it to be drained.
• The removal of toxins helps in the reduction of swelling and bruising.
• The entire circulation system is rejuvenated, increasing overall circulation.
• The pain that comes after surgery can be managed better through this massage. The massage helps to relax muscles, thus reducing pain. The reduction in inflammation also leads to better control of pain.
• The overall recovery from the surgery is faster when massage is used. Removal of toxins, reduction of inflammation, and improved circulation are the benefits of a massage. This allows for a smooth and fast recovery.
• One of the biggest concerns for patients after plastic surgery is scarring. Since the massage promotes natural healing, this will allow collagen to be created. Massage helps bind collagen fibers into place properly. This can help reduce scarring.
• Anxiety and depression that can arise after surgery can be alleviated because of the massage.
• Getting a good night’s sleep can be difficult after surgery. A massage is a great way to ensure the patient sleeps well, which is vital for a smooth recovery.
MLD or Manual lymphatic drainage massage is a great way to help in quick recovery from plastic surgery. The massage can help you get quicker relief from symptoms like pain and swelling. It helps reduce scarring and offers many benefits. If you want to get the benefits of this massage, then choose an expert therapist and wellness coach based out of Riverview, Tampa, Brandon, FL, who is licensed and experienced.
Contact Us Today
To schedule an appointment with Licensed Massage Therapist, Certified Advanced Manual Lymphatic Drainage Therapist and Health Coach, Anna Bass LMT, please call 412-328-4540 or Book a Massage Here.
Providing massage services to patients in Tampa, Brandon and Riverview, FL.